Walnut Cream Cheese Rugalach
* 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
* 8 oz cream cheese
* 3 cups all purpose flour
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 3/4 cup lightly toasted walnuts
* 1/2 cup dried cherries
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 2 tsp cream
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour and salt and mix until dough just comes together. Wrap and chill dough for at least 2 hours.
2. Chop walnuts and dried cherries finely. Mix together with sugar, cinnamon, cream and vanilla extract until evenly blended.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F.
4. Cut dough into 8, and shape each into rounds. On a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar, roll a ball into a disc, about 6 to 8 inches. Cut disc into eight.
5. Sprinkle filling at widest end of each triangle. Roll each wedge from widest end, creating a croissant-like cookie. Pull ends together to touch and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes.
可在上面洒上 icing sugar ，卖相会更好些。
This recipe is from Anna Olson who is a Pastry chef and a host of Sugar as seen on Food Network Canada.