Enjoying every bit of it
原创 by Y N
Chocolate Cake Roll
- Preheat oven to 350(F). Line a 15 x 10 inch pan with waxed paper. Grease and flour lined pan; Tap out excess.
- In a small bowl, beating 4 egg whites until foamy, gradually add 1/2cup icing sugar, beating until stiff but not dry, peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tbsp cornstarch, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/3 tsp salt. Mix well. In a separate bowl, beating 4 egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Fold 1/3 beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture. Alternately fold in remaining whites and flour mixture. Pour batter in pan; Smooth top. Bake 15′ or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Rolling and filling the cake.
- Dust a clean cloth with 1/4 cup sugar. Turn cake out onto prepared cloth, remove waxed paper and trim the cake’s edges.
- Starting with a long side, tightly roll up cake with cloth and seam-side down to a wire rake to cool.
- Unroll cake, remove cloth. Spread 8 oz whipped topping over to within 1/2 inch of edges. Re-roll cake. Place seam-side down and cut to pieces. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Enjoying every bit of it !!!
: 诀窍 — 选用上等的可可粉！